Do you feel that Obama can win?

If so, how? If not, why?

FiveofaKind

Asked by FiveofaKind at 11:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would like to think so. I support him and will vote for him. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't win. I think that people are ready for a change.
    littleangelkiss

Answer by littleangelkiss at 11:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• As much as I hate the thought I believe he is destined to win and I am terrified for this country and the saftey of all men and women in uniform because of it. Doubt it? Do some research on EXACTLY how much the last 4 democrats in office slashed the defense budget. That means less or none of the right equiptment. Less training, less supplies..less of everything. When it comes to the secirity of this nation your defense budget better be high..otherwise your other rights will take a backseat over time.
    Anonymous

• I'm voting for McCain BUT I JUST KNOW Obama will win. I know it...I believe he'll be the next president of our nation.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• He will more than likely win despite his policies being very close to socialism.
    Anonymous

• I think he can. I think McCain knows he's losing. After the debates last night, and the look on McCain's face...McCain knows it's about over.

Maybe that's my optimistic side....but. I really think Obama can win.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 12:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I hope people come to their senses and vote for McCain. Obama lied like hell last night. I would have loved to have knocked that stupid grin off of his face.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think anything is possible sure McCain is down in the polls, but the election has not happened yet. and yes HISTORICALLY no one has bridged that gap (or so they say) but honestly, A woman has never been VP, and a man of color has never taken office.... we should give up because that is never going to happen right? because historically, it hasn't!
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 12:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yep, unfortunetly I think Obama will win...
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Scorpio, that's an incredibly ignorant thing to say. I'm not an Obama supporter, but I know several who are who've reached their decision the same way I'm sure you did, through careful research and intellect. Everyone has their different wants and needs, and they will vote for the candidate they believe will steer them toward these changes. There's always the wildcards that vote for Obama because he's black or has Matt Damen's support, or the wackjobs that vote for McCain because he has a female VP. Try not to lump people together by insinuating the entire rival support is senseless. That's needlessly rude.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think he basically already has.
    kleea1969

Answer by kleea1969 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2008