I know i should be giving him space but i dont know what to do, weve only been married 6 weeks and he left and has been gone for 2 days. NEED ADVICE ASAP!!!!

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Ok, this isn't right. You should not have to give him space as in two days, at six weeks in to a marriage. He may want space but you need to be respected. He could have told you he was going to be gone. Did you check the police and hospitals?

Answer by admckenzie at 8:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would call his parents, his friends, his siblings, anyone who might know where he is. It is possible that something bad has happened to him. If you know where he was planning to go, call there first. If nobody has seen or heard from him, then I would call the police. I think you can get them involved after a person has been missing for 24 hours. Don't just assume he's off somewhere pouting. He could be in some kind of trouble.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Two days is excessive, even for the worst of fights/disagreements. That's not healthy at all. It's not right of him to be gone so long without telling you, and I honestly cannot foresee any reason for him to need more than a few hours of "space"! If you have no idea where he is and cannot get ahold of him, I would report him missing.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i think that he is not being very mature about the whole i need space thing. when your married that kinda goes out the window. sure you have breaks from each other but you don't abandon the other person while your both having issues. you work them out. it shouldn't be 2 days without knowing where he is at and that he is ok. he should respect that. at this point though if you know he is ok just let him be. don't go chasing him or nagging him about his behavior. he has to be the one left to make the first move here since he is the one that left.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• did you do something really bad? if not then tell his a@@ to get home and talk to you ur married now and its different
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 9:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• goodness gracious.... he does need to knwo that he "cant " do that when you are married... you two are supposed to be ONE and know stuff about eeach other and be there fo reach other like two halves of a whole.... a team for gods sakes.... where is he do you know??? if you know wait it out, possibly call his mother, and when he comes in when he is calm, you HAVE to tell him i cannot do this that is terrible makes me feel bad when yo udo that. if you dont he will do it again,. take it from ME who knows. you have to SAY what you dont like. we teach people how to treat us!!!! i have learned that as i am now separated. if you DONT knwo where he is, call a friend or family member.... this coudl be considered abusive as it is liek abandonment, emotional and physical abandonment and putting you in panic or stress. if you suspect cheating you shoudl push his envelope and say you need to get a test done or im not sleepign with you. dv?
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• wow
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Hmmmm... is he hiding something?? that would be my question to him. There has to be something he is running from, or too. My question is that were in my case is ,," who is she"..I sure hope that is not the case. You do need to find him and maybe witht he help of his family, friends so you can sort this out.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 10:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL No! Sweetie you guy just got married and he is leaving for days. That is not space that is disrespect. You are his wife now! You need to have a serious talk with him this is not right at all.
    I dont mean to make you feel bad but, I would love to come over and kick his tale for you. I wish DH would.... See what I do.

I dont get mad I get even. Watch me. You wana leave for 2 day I will be gone for a week. Even if I gota sleep in my car.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010