To have or not to have

At 32 weeks, I've kind of given up the idea on a baby shower. I'm not really concerned about the things that I could get, but I had been looking forward to sharing that time with those closest to me. You know, just one last little get together before baby gets here....I don't think anyone is going to surprise me with one, (which is just fine). But should I go ahead and plan one?? I'm due in December

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would start mentioning it to people and start planning. It's not too late! Also, it makes for great pictures to share later and remember the celebration. When you start telling people and picking a date then IF someone is planning one you might find out. At least you will know. I would say that the stuff you get is always helpful and spending that time playing games and chattign about baby is great memories. Go ahead!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Go for it. Don't be ashamed. If anyone is trying to suprise you then they will speak up. Enjoy it!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• what you could do instead of planning a "baby shower" is just plan a "girls day out" we did that for one of my friends. We all went out to eat at Olive Garden and had a great time.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i need all i can get lol hope good ole mom gives me a baby shower .. if not its gona be tought to start all over from scratch getting all that stuff for the baby .

10weeks preg !
    imbabyboo2u

Answer by imbabyboo2u at 12:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I knew no one was going to throw me a baby shower (my family sucks) so I casually mentioned it when i was with a group of girlfriends about how I was going to start planning it and they were outraged that I was planning my own baby shower, and I agreed to let them take over for me :) Worked like a charm.

And yes, definitely go ahead and start planning one or not, because whether you think you need the stuff or not, it will be a tremendous help to have all of that extra stuff (we got SO many diapers that we did not buy our first box until she was 4 months old!!!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've never had a baby shower. Nobody offered. And I didnt want to seem tacky by making one of my own. I guess if you have close friends you could mention how you wished you were having one & maybe they will take the hint. I dont know.
    Anonymous