Did you hear that they are relating plastic bottles to autism now?

i was at my aunts baby shower today and my stepgrandmother said she read that they are saying not to use plastic bottles anymore because they think it might cause autism. have you heard this?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 9:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• No I havent... but geez, EVERYTHING leads to something anymore. lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• sometimes you cant believe everything but you never know
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 9:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• we have to get back to the basics
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think proven or not, any chemical has the potential to cause a large list of diseases and disorders. Is it the only cause? no. Does it ALWAYS cause damage? no. There are certainly more factors in the equation but throwing chemicals, drugs, and poisons into it certainly can't help. It has been proven for a long time now that chemicals from plastic bottles find their way into the beverage inside and consequently into a human body. Whether or not it causes autism, the potential of ingesting chemicals is enough for me to use glass.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I haven't heard it, but either way I don't believe it.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Excuse my ignorance but what other kind of bottles are there? Both my kids used plastic bottles and neither of them have autism. I agree with luvsmysonjames, I don't believe it. "They" will say anything (in my opinion).
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the real problem is--since they have been unable to find a cause for autism, they will blame everything and anything and scaring the crap out of most people in the process.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• This was a rumor that was floating around several years ago when the hubaloo about BPA was going around. Just like everything else about autism, this has not been proven. Personally, I think it is a crock, as I can name several children off the top of my head that I knew were breastfed who have autism.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Unfortunately, there are so many different types of autism and so many children affected that there will be many theories on root cause. Personally, I believe that you can tie the rise in autism to the rise in baby goods coming from China (started in the late 1980's). We already know that milk and other products were contaminated, but how about all of the cheap pacifiers and other items bought and used without a thought. Unfortunately that can never be proven, but it supports the way that autism has spread.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have one who is mildly autistic (not officially diagnosed yet) who was breastfed and wouldn't take a bottle.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010