I'm so amazed, and shocked, and confused as what diet to do?

Several years ago, I was trying a low carb, semi-fat, and high protein type of thing. It' s every ones greatest urge to eat like this I though. With all the steaks and bacon, and pork I wanted. And this was to treat weight loss. It worked before, and I know it can work again.
I'd love to know if this combo of low-carb, semi-fat, and high protein worked for another group, or at least one. Please answer even if it wasn't working and what did you do different. I can't eat sugar much, only in small amounts, so what fruit is good?
Thank you kindly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try weight watchers, not necessarily a diet, but more portion control. When it's followed it totally works!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have never done an "official" diet because that just sounds so restricting and I hate the thought of restricting myself from the foods I love. Well that and every "diet" I've heard of people say it doesn't work in the long run. So I did a TON of research for what worked for other people and I made my own "rules". I drank a lot more water and a little less Dr. Pepper - hee hee! I ate oatmeal once a day (and added things like peanut butter, brown sugar, etc.). I ate the same foods I always did just in moderation (and I'm a huge junk food person). I also did tread mill walking (because I liked it) along with some of Denise Austin's exercises. She recommends certain ones in a certain order but I picked the ones I LIKED to do, it made it more fun. And I followed her book NOT her video because the video killed me from just one workout. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure if this will help you at all but I think researching and finding what works for YOU Is best.

*Sorry, I ran out of space.*
    firenicecream

• Thanks fireandicecream< I agree that it's a combo and most of the more agile types are aware that fitness is a flex-bend type of diet, unless that is , it's a male, which is who I am inquiring for, TOTALLY different>>> He has a challenge and an excuse for most things. But I'll give him credit, and that's where he is willing to try. Just gives in to cravings too easily. I apply all the foods, until I see one i have trouble with.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm diabetic and most carb foods throw my blood sugars way off. I prefer to stick to a low carb/healthy fat/higher protein/high fiber diet. One of the keys is portion control. My typical dinner plate is 1/4 protein, 1/4 healthy starch, 1/2 steamed veggies along with a tossed salad. It works great for me! I feel great because I'm getting all of the nutrition I need without all the refined flours/sugar that drag me down.

To satisfy my sweet cravings, I might have a bite or two of the sweet treat, or else fill up on sugar free jello. Fruits need to have a good balance of fiber & sugar. Apples work GREAT for my blood sugars (eat the peel too!), as do pears or oranges (not large size, just medium or small). Bananas, watermelon, and grapes are some of the most sugary fruits; 1/2 banana is plenty, or 1/4 c. watermelon or grapes as compared to 1/2 c. most other fruits.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My last diet was no eating anything that has sugar in it. It was hard to do but I lost 25 lbs.
    MistressMinerva

Answer by MistressMinerva at 12:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010