my dd is 2 months...is 8 pm a good bedtime for her?

she just started sleeping in her crib in her room...she still gets up once or twice a night for feedings...but its a good idea to start bedtime at the same time every night right? or is she too young for that?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes - a routine/flexible schedule is a good thing to start early! My 2 month old goes to bed at 8:30 right now, but eventually we will work our way forward to 7:30 (which is when her 2 year old brother goes to bed)

Answer by missanc at 11:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• bed time at the same time is a good thing to start but there isn't really a bed time law saying that it is at 8. it's whatever time works for you best. best of luck!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes honey -- use whatever time is natural for her when she is that small my OCD compulsive husband wanted the baby on a schedule when she first came out of the womb! they are adjusting to the whoel world so give her a good gentle break on this: mine my baby girl has used 8 or 9 when she was breastfeeding and has gone to 8 now and shes six months old. she is TOTALLY liek clockwork now and did that on her own lead. dont force the teeny weeny into anything, and she WONT sleep thru the night until right about NOW which i have,m which is six months. so dont worry and soothe her! use a monitor and go to her and soothe her when they are that little they cant soothe themselves yet!!!! THEN they use their fingers or a blanket or a sound or motion/// i am gald i saw this question!!!!!!!!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• she needs you to soothe her until she gets sturdy enough to knwo she has a body and can soothe herslef. mine uses an end of a blanket (fleece are VErry good fo rthem) to rub face on and she goes out ! if some nights are different dont go nuts just go with the flow and it will regulate. I am good at this because i before my tiny girl, adopted a baby boy from Korea and HE was on a different day and night schedule being from across the globe and 5 months old!!! so i had to soothe him to knwo that OUR night is night, not the day in Korea. my little girl had a hard time weaning but i LOVED breastfeeding and you are up a LOT on breastfeeding my husband used to get so mad. ALSO i jetp my baby in my room in a pack n play til she was six months old, and son was six months THEn he went in his crib, so maybe be very vigilant or keep your baby closer maybe. just a thoguht
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with going with her natural time. I was told/did to put baby asleep late and work your way earlier. This way they learn to fall and stay asleep.
    Same time every night is great!!! Go with the flow, not all children are the same
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010