how would you react if...

..someone you were having small-talk with at, say TJMAXX, while 'bonding' over the new shipment of handbags and such, invited you to a the local coffee shop?

crazy question, i know..but i am really not good at making new friends, and i was ALMOST about to do this..but i didn't, for fear she'd think i was coming on to her, or just plain weird. LOL!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would be thrilled, personally. I don't make friends easily, either, and if someone else made it as easy as just saying yes to a cup of coffee, I'd be all over that! Lol.

I agree with just asking. Worst case scenario, she says no, and you keep doing your job. Best case, you make a new friend. No harm either way. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• she could have been just a really nice person looking for a friend
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 9:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would have gone you could have had a lovely coffee or tea and decided if you made a friend or not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Next time do it. What do you have to loose. Either you go and make a friend or she isn't interested.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i'd probably think the same way you did. but she probably was just looking for a friend.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yeah..i was feeling a connection, i just didn't want to freak her out. but i've wondered for three days now, if i missed an opportunity to make a new friend by not extending the invite for coffee. i feel like a goober!

dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i just realized i probably worded that wrong. I was the one who would've been asking HER for to go for coffee. would you have thought i was weird, or desperate, to ask a stranger for coffee? i mean, its like platonic-dating, right?? idk...
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• she could have just wanted to make a new friend you should have gone and hung out to find out more about her as a person and if you thought she was coming on the you say i'm sorry but i'm just not that way.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• HAHA. She could have just wanted to make friends... was she hitting on you? How did you back out? LOL..

I don't think that's weird at all..maybe she had some stuff going on in her life and just found someone she "connected" with...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If you don't ask you won't know.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010