not sure where to put this...biting furniture question

I have a 23 month old that is just now starting to bite any peice of furniture he can find. And is sort of cribbing it, like a horse would. He bites down hard, and breathes in. Is it possible for a toddler to crib? I haven't heard of it, and my doctor told me it was just a phase....but it is getting worse. I am running out of ideas on how to get him to stop and I would love some new ideas on how to get him to stop. Thanks!

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it sounds mean but hot sauce on areas he chews on most
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My duaghter bit on her crib when she was much younger and what we did was to put a blanket over the edge so she wouldn't chew directly on the wood (at least not so much damage). It sheems like she's outgrown this, but we still have blankets along the edge. She did go through a period where she would bit our living room furniture--and would laugh when we sternly tell her it wasn't nice. Will he chew on a teething ring? I know he's past the teething phase (or mostly), but I know my daughter will go to the refrigerator for hers....they are apparently comforting.

Good luck!
    newmommy0409

Answer by newmommy0409 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• he has all his teeth. he seems to do this when he is frustrated. he doesnt have many words and we are seeking help for that with a speech specialist but in the mean time he is doing this. it's not chewing it is biting down no more than once hard. i am at my wits end
    candle5

Comment by candle5 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Have you had him checked for autism biting runs big with that
    apple_dumpling

Answer by apple_dumpling at 10:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Lol I don't know how to help but its a faze.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• faze
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010