where were you on 9/11?

i was in school i was only in 9th grade when we heard about it what about you?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 9:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was in my living room with my newborn son. I had just had my second child on August 20th. My husband was at work and I was on the phone with my mom. I can picture it vividly. I thought they were going to literally attack the entire US. I thought we would be bombed all the way in Cali and my newborn was going to die. It was pretty scary.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was at a local hospital maternity ward when the news came over the tv, I was shocked to say the least and so was everyone else watching it unfold, a day I will never forget.

Answer by older at 10:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was at home with my dad. he had cancer and died 5 days later. it was the first time i ever saw my dad cry.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was working at a daycare. My room was right next to the kitchen and the cooks were listening on a radio to what happened. They would give us updates every so often. Because of 9/11, my boyfriend (now husband) decided to join the army and asked me to marry him. He said that what happened really changed him and he wanted to some good in his lifetime.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was at my boyfriends' moms house..he was out with his mom lookin for a job, and i was at her house takin her dog for a walk, but before i went i sat down to watch some tv, and saw this happening, and FREAKED out!! because im from vancouver canada, but was living in buffalo, ny with my bf..and i had NOO idea how far away from where we lived this was happening to!! so i remember calling my mom at 930 (630am her time) and then she was all freaking out because she had been trying to call me...but i wasnt home...soo yaa it was a stressfull day..especially cuz my bf and his mom didnt get back until like 330 that afternoon..and i was alone!!! but i was ALSO freaking out, because i was supposed to go and get on an airplane on the 12th to go back to visit my mom...but there was NO WAY i was gettin on an airplane...my flight got postponed utnil spet 22..it was still scary tho!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was on the freeway in grid lock traffic. I remember looking around cause we where all just stopped and everyone looked in total shock. That was the way my whole day went. I work out in the field and everyone I came in contact with had this look of disbelief on their faces. I wouldnt be able to get back to a tv till the pm, but the reactions I got during the day said it all
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was at hime and my grandmother called me and told me to turn on the tv i was at hime wth my son i did not knw aht to thank or to believe my grandmother died the end of that month
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was driving to the college i attended
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was getting ready to do my end of day work when I was stationed in Italy. I saw the WTC smoking and the next thing I knew, the second plane hit. It was horrible.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• okay i know this is not a joke but i am hearing the south park song of the same name as the question. i was at work at a very small company with no tvs. one woman's husband called us shortly after the first plane hit and we turned the radio on - it was on when the second plane hit. no one knew what was going on and the internet was jam packed making it impossible to find anything out. i was very scared because we just didn't know what was happening. it was obvious when everything stopped - the planes, the traffic... very eerie. my mother lived across the country. my sister was stuck in las vegas, my dad stuck in houston, my stepdad stuck in london... we left work early and i went to my friends and we cried as we watched the buildings burning and the people jumping out. i stayed there as neither of us wanted to be alone.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010