How long does your poop stay in you?

For a year I was on a medication and I couldn't poop on it.People have been saying ,if I couldn't poop for a year,that I would be dead by now.I must of pooped a little but there was months that I didn't go.I don't know why I went a year without pooping,why I didn't stop my pills,I do know why I had great sleep and I was afraid to get off them for some reason I forget now but do you know how long your poop stays in you,I'm concerned that I still have poop in me from last year.I'm thinking about starting another medication but it might plug me up and I want to get cleaned out first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• you might try to do some kind of colon cleansing first then. something to clean out your bowels.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• you would have fecal impactation or chronic constipation- no bad stomach aches? I dont see how logically you could go that long w out going. i am a CNA and I have seen many people head over heals in pain from just not going after a week! Your body has to digest the food you eat somehow- I would've told my doc immediately. your at risk for colon cancer and other problems
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 10:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Honestly there is no way 'you haven't in months'. You would be in so much pain and yes you could fall ill and maybe die.. your body needs to expel the waste. Have you tried takig any exlax... Have you told your doctor? You really need to.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• did you now that Elvis had chronic consipation for 20yrs! they say thats what actually killed him.not good on your body at all
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 10:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• call doc
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Do an Enema and start taking Fiber Psyllium caplets everyday to make you more regular again.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010