How did you know you were ready for an additional child?

My husband and I have a toddler. We haven't decided if we want more children, though, we'd always envisioned having two. Our work schedules are very busy, but we also know how much joy we get from our child and we could never imagine things withought her.

newmommy0409

Asked by newmommy0409 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• We took a lot of things into account when we decided to have a 2nd baby. We talked about the pros & cons and what we had going on in our lives. We probably made the decision to have another baby around the time our son turned 2. We also didn't decide one day to have another baby and immediately start trying the next. Our oldest turned 2 in October of 2008. We already had a vacation planned for May 09, and I did not want to be pregnant on our cruise so we decided to wait until after we got back to start trying. We knew if we waited, that by the time the 2nd baby was born, our first would be 3, hopefully potty trained, and a lot more independent. It worked out well for us, and we got pregnant our first month trying. Our kids are 3 years & 3 months apart, and the timing couldn't have been better for us.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We wanted our kids to be close in age, so we planned them out. We worked it out. We our suprise baby, didn't think we were going to make it, but we are doing pretty good actually. If we all waited until we were ready, we would never have kids.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We knew that we wanted at least 2. We hadn't discussed when we wanted to ttc the second when our birth control failed. No choice. They were 19.75 months apart. If we had waited until we were ready for a second, we'd still be waiting. Our first was not an easy baby, luckily the 2nd and 3rd (who is 5 & 7 yr younger than the first 2) got easier and easier.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I went in to labor... lol

None of our children were planned! So there was no "I'm ready time" if there was we wouldn't have kids... When the time came to add to the family we just dealt with it... And will again.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• We were ready when the stick had 2 lines.
    I was an older mom so whenever God had time to make sure I was pregnant GREAT!!! I am 46 but would have more if I could!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• We wanted them closer together so we made the decision when our daughter would be a little more independant by the time the next one came to start trying. My girls are 22 months apart.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Um, IMHO< God lets you knw that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2010