What type of birth control do you use?

Just wanted to ask. And if you see that it had any effects on you like weight gain or something?

KarlaA

Asked by KarlaA at 12:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Health

• I'm fixing to start YAZ for the first time. I don't know the side effects of it yet. I have used the Ortho Evra patch and it sucked because it sometimes would start to come off. I have also used the Depo shot and it was ok but it made me gain some weight. After having my youngest I was on a mini pill because I was breastfeeding and it was great.
    Anonymous

• i have an IUD with no hormones at all, so it doesn't effect my weight.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 12:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I was using Seasonale, the 4 periods a year pill! It's wonderful, no ill side affects at all. No weight gain, no spotting and no unbearably heavy periods. LOVED IT! (I'm not on it now because we were trying to conceive and i'm now prego :), I will def. go back to it though.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm using YAZ. I've been on it for a year. It is a VERY light pill so the only side effect (which is good for me because it reminds me to take my pill) is that you can start a "light" period if you miss a day or two..Which I've done! oops! I'm bad about taking anything so this helps me remember. YAZ has kept me from cramping & I very rarely have any bloating at all. I like it & it works for me so I guess it will depend on your needs & what you are looking for in a Birth control pill. Good luck with your findings.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 4:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• When we weren't TTC, we used condoms mostly since he is usually out of state to work and I didn't want to be on something all the time if we were only having sex for a week every 3-4 months. When he was home for longer periods of time, we used a low dose estrogen pill.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008