What is an area of unbelief in your life? do you know scripture to cover it?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That I have to let my D/H be accountable for the last word, last decision, and having almost no input towards his last anything.
    I don't see that in the bible, that we are powerless, but it is stated that he is head of the household, and has the leadership role.
    I just hope that they are leaders that would have a way through things, not be indebted to anyone when they (d/h's ) hit bottom only.
    That is also scriptural but I don't believe it should be to the point of abusing their wives, or letting their hitting bottom too many times be the only factor for their so called leadership.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Are you a preacher or?
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I Peter 3:7, teaches that the husband is to honor his wife. She gave up her name to take yours. Honor means that you should show her respect and this involves courtesy, consideration and emotional support. Be sure that as her husband that you do not hold her up to ridicule in public by the cutting remarks that you make. She wears YOUR name and is to viewed as part of your body. She is not perfect and you are aware of this. Do not expect perfection, but as Ephesians 4:32 teaches, "forbear one another". This means to be gentle toward her. Control of temper, abstaining from physical violence and restraining a sharp tongue that makes one feel so inferior - are ways by which you can exhibit forbearance.

I know that there is a scripture that states that the husband is supposed to submit to their wives too....
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Are you a preacher or?

Answer by Seterah1010

Who?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The one I struggle with is believing God will actually restore a friendship. He says He will but I have my days when I think ugh! I have other days where I believe it wholeheartly. Its part of my healing process.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• good thing the Bible doesn't say to jump off a cliff....geez..
    "well, the Bible says to jump off a cliff..sooo..."
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• LOL zoeyis. No, usually anything extreme in the bible is about OTHER people, so we can all stand around and judge others with a "clean" conscious:/
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Was just curious because I noticed you make a lot of religious statements. I was just curious. I am religious myself and was wanting to know if you were preaching and spreading the word or do you need answers to the questions you ask?
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Scripture IS my area of unbelief.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010