How do you store your crafts?

I have a ton of craft items, projects, etc. I have them all stowed in a closet, but maks difficult when I suddenly find time to do something. My sewing machine hasn't been out in years b/c I haven't a permanent place for it, have a toddler and it takes so long to set up and take apart.

newmommy0409

Asked by newmommy0409 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• For me, plastic totes work best. You can stack them up in your closet out of the way. You can also label them for easy access.
    malachai7

Answer by malachai7 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have a whole floor for my crafting area. When we built out home we added an area for me and one for my hubby. My crafting space is still a work in progress I have been finding just the right stuff to store things in. Recently a craft area went out by our home and I was able to buy several store fixtures like a magazine rack that has helped organize my patterns somewhat. I like bins for things that I dont use as often but I have lots of cupboards and a label maker so I mark on the outside what is in each area for ease in finding. Aslo I set up an area just for the kids with those plastic drawer systems and keep all the stuff they can use without asking in those drawers and have an extra dining room table in one corner that is set up for them to work at and do school projects. I keep extra glue guns and stuff that I think they would like making in thier corner.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 1:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• all I have right now is a storage bi for my yarn. I have a sewing box with sewing supplies. All my fabric scraps are in plastic grocery bags thrown in the closet lol. I need some organization too! My sewing machine is in the spare bedroom. I could use a nice table for it though. It's on a coffee table and i sit on the floor to use it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I keep all of my scrapbooking supplies in a rolling craft tote in the dining room, so it is always handy when I want to work on a project. I keep my embroidery supplies in a fancy sewing basket by the sofa, so it's always at hand, too. My sewing machine, however, while in a cabinet designed to hold, rarely gets used because it is upstairs and, well, out of sight, out of mind. Not to mention that all of my sewing supplies are in plastic totes stuffed into a closet, so not exactly easy to get to.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have a huge armoire filled with all my craft stuff but my sewing machine is easily accessible and out of the reach of little hands.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Plastic totes. I have some that are clear so I can see what is in them. Also the totes keep my supplies clean and dry, they are stackable and portable.
    beans68

Answer by beans68 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010