Mirena Problems HELP!!!! adult content

Anyone ever use or have Mirena? I've been having some problems I havent had a period for about 3 years since, then suddley i've have a period for about 2 weeks straight then stopped for a week then it came on for about a week after. It isent heavy for the most part manily spotting. I donno the doctor never told me i was suppose to check the strings so i checked and couldnt find them but could they just be to short?? I donno im very very worried HELP someone!

Jkoons

Asked by Jkoons at 10:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• If you cannot feel the strings you need to go in. It could have perforated your uterine wall. Do you have a partner or anyone you can have check them for you? I know i cant feel mine but my husband can. He can get his fingers in farther than i can. If you have someone check and you cant feel them go in asap.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• call your docs practice and ask to have a string check done. Your doc will do a pelvic exam w/ speculum and if he/she cant see the strings, he/she will preform or schedule an u/s to see whats up.
    Deat

Answer by Deat at 10:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't worry to much...but make an apt. to see your ob... I have one (since 2007) and never really had a problem... my cycle won't come at all for a few months, then maybe it will for 2 days one month.. then the next 4 then the next none... this is normal...annoying but normal...I can't believe the doctor never told you to check for the string... this is sooo important (more in the beginning) to make sure it hasn't fallen out... I haven' felt my string in a while.. maybe during sex it can get pushed up??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my doc always told me if i could not find the strings to make an opt. but it was normal for me to go for like 6 months then have a 2 week period.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thats a scary!! Im gonna get hubby to help me. If he cant find it Im going in it just sucks I dont have insurance curently.
    Jkoons

Comment by Jkoons (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• can sex push it up???? o no!!
    Jkoons

Comment by Jkoons (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• when i had my first one my strings ended up flush with my cervix and couldnt be felt...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Here's my story of how I had my last daughter : My dr. said I should get Mirena, so I did, after about a year and a half I had some bowel problems. And started "spotting" did that for about a month and then stopped, a month later I had what I had been used to as a "normal" period before I had it put it (didn't bleed after it got put in). Then the next month I found out I was pregnant. I never could feel the strings and went back to the dr to be told everything was fine. I refused to pay money I didn't have each month to find out that it was still there. I would have been better off paying for bc every month!!! If you really don't want more kids right now I would find a clinic or fork up the cash to get it checked out. I know that can be hard. Maybe if you called and explained your situation they would make payment plans with you *as sucky as that can be, better than having to fork it all over at once when you don't have it*
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 9:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• your right Sara! thanks for all the advice
    Jkoons

Comment by Jkoons (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010