My fiance stays on the computer all the time almost 24/7 if he is home what do I do?

He comes home from work in the morning and stays on for hours then when he wakes up before he even goes to pee he gets out of bed and on the computer I ask him to stay in the living room with me and the boys or to spend time together and he will for abou 10 minutes and when I turn my back he is back on here I have put a password on here to keep him off line sometimes but how can I stop him for getting on so much? Our whole relationship he has sent messages to other girls trying to meet them and stuff but he says he hasn't met with any I have cryed to him yelled at him screamed at him and begged him to stop and he does for a little while and then I find out he has done something else this has been going on our whole 2 and a half year relationship...He says he only does it to get compalents because its not easy for him to talk to people in person...But he should only want them from me it shouldn't matter about other girls.?????

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds like he is not as committed to you as you are to him. If that's the case, I don't think there is anything you can do to change him. You simply have to decide if this is how you want to live your life. If he thought you were going to leave him, it might make him think twice about what he is doing, but there are no guarantees. I do think you should stop begging and crying and yelling at him to try to get him to stop. If nothing else, at least let him think you don't care and maybe you should even start contacting some of your old boyfriends, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Why are you still with him if he doesn't respect you enough to stop talking to other girls? Sorry that sounds kind of harsh but that was my first thought. I would not have put up with that behavior to begin with, he's gotten away with doing it for so long he probably sees it as "why does it bother you now? I've been doing it all along" I think the only thing you can do is talk to him about it. Explain how it makes you feel and that this behavior could be a deal breaker. Maybe if he knows you wont tolerate it and he will lose you over this he will stop.

Good luck.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• leave him
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am with NannyB. If he were that much into you and your boys, then nothing in the world would matter to him. He could get on for a little while then want to spend time with you. The question is, knowing that he will most likely keep up with this behavior, do u want to stay with him or get on with your life? If that were me. first i would disconnect the computer.. or disconnect him..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 10:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh yes, .. I wish you luck on this.. I know it is not easy.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 10:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• NannyB said exactly what I would...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sounds to me that you have been wasteing 2 1/2 yrs of your life with someone that has no respect for you or even anything you have to say. Your a strong women i would have had his shit back and on the side walk a long time ago. Momma he doesn't give a crap what you and the rest of the family wants. The only thing that matters to him is what he wants and that's it. You need to give him one last chance and you also shouldn't have to change the password on the computer to keep him off of it. He is a grown man and he has made his choices so he has to live with the choices he has made. He sounds like a real loser to me so give him one last choice. COMPUTER or FAMILY & YOU. I would never put anything or anyone infront of my children EVER not even my HUBBY. My children are #1 ALWAYS
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010