How would handle this? You're pregnant and your BFF is having fertility problems.

So you find out you're pregnant again as you already have kids, and your BFF is struggling with infertility. This also happens to be a surprise pregnancy as you weren't planning to get pregnant. Do you keep pregnancy talk to a minimum? Give your BFF some space?

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 10:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd hold back on the pregnancy talk, don't rub it in her face that you're pregnant. Don't back of either! Right now she needs friends, just because you're pregnant and she isn't doesn't mean she'll stop talking to you- simply that it may remind her of what she really wants. I'd let her take the lead on the friendship for now, and definitely support her. (Which you seem like an awesome friend for wanting to maintain a friendship without hurting her!)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Well - I am in this situation myself. I am the friend who is having infertility problems. We aren't actually TTC at the moment, but we want to at some point. But, I have endomitriosis badly, and the doctor has already warned me that it will be a struggle TTC. Well, my BFF of over 20 years informed me a few days ago that her husband gave her the OK for them to TTC #2. I am happy for them. Very happy. However, it's hard to discuss with her because of what I am going through at the moment. I haven't told her this, and probably won't, but it helps when she keeps the discussion to a minimum. BUT - every person in different. I don't feel like you shouldn't talk about it at all. You should be able to be excited. But I would personally say that maybe you should try to discuss other things too sometimes :) Good luck and congratulations!!
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i'm sure she'd still be happy for you but i would't go around like "I'M HAVING A BABY WOO HOO"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would talk to her about it because she is your bff but just be cautious.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i wish u luck on this
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Im in this situation with one of my good friends. Her husband and her have been trying for about a year now with no luck, and I got pregnant about a week after I got off of my birth control. I dont really ever bring the whole pregnancy thing up. But she is super excited for me, she buys the baby tons of stuff, she calls me all the time and asks about it. I just kind of let her be the lead on the friendship when it comes to the baby.

renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 12:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010