I need help. I am a yoyo dieter please advice how to stop the yo-yo

I have been on every diet known and have lost weight only to gain it all back. Ido not care if I am a skinny model type I only want to be healthy. We used to have a contest at work biggest loser and I have lost lots of weight on that ( l like the challange) but always gain it back how do I stop the cycle. I am also an emotional eater and have a lot of stress and emotions going on.

nanny29

Asked by nanny29 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The first thing you need to do is to stop thinking of it as a diet. It needs to be a lifestyle change.

Second, it is important for you to remember that change takes time. It will not happen over night. Start with small changes and go from there.

Third, find a reward system that works for you. Don't use food. Find something else to reward yourself with.

And last, think of yourself as beautiful because internal beauty and strength can help you through anything!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with PhoenixFire. The reason you gain the weight back is because after you have reached your goal, you go back to the habits that caused the weight gain. It has to be a lifestye change that you can live with for the rest of your life. Stop the diets.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That is one of my problems. I do find my self thinking as soon as i drop some pounds I am oing to have some foods I used to love but are so fattening. And once I start eating it I can not stop at a small portion I find myself eating larger portions.
    nanny29

Comment by nanny29 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Weight Watchers. And make it a lifestyle choice.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• On days that you binge, compensate by exercising to burn the added calories. Another thing you can do is learn to balance calories. Instead of doing a daily calorie count do a weekly calorie count. Let's say your goal for weight loss is 1400 - 1500 calories a day - for an average of 10150 calories per week. So you splurge and eat 2500 calories in 1 day - now you have 6 days left and 7650 calories for the week which is = to 1275 calories per day for the rest of the week.
    Think of this as an avantage - too many people hit plateaus because they restrict their calories on a daily basis. By having a binge, you are mixing it up which causes your metabolism to kick into high gear and burn calories faster.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010