Why all the disagreements about America?

I ask this after reading another question about America being perfect. How come many people in America and other countries complain about things here when this country represents almost all countries in the world. Whether they want to believe it or not there are people here from many of the nations around the world yet many want to disown and think of us as conceited. I am not sure about you but that makes me proud to say we have all differnt types of races, cultures, ethnicities, etc. represented around here. Not many countries can say that.

Brickhouse95

Asked by Brickhouse95 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I love living here. I may not agree with the ways things are ran, but I do love America as a whole.
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I hear you sister,,,God bless Americia!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• In many countries their are mixed ethnicity.. ....... Isreal has just as many as us or more. (than america)
    Australia has many, Africa has many, even the oldest books on Rome their were many diverse backrounds of peoples, and cultures. In France it is not just all french or french speaking people.
    Yes we have many, but I don't believe we top them all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• They talk all that trash but as soon as something horrible happens in their country we are the first they will be coming to with help... ugh

I love this country!! Could care less what anyone else has to say about it.... it's the greatest nation in the world!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am going to be a brat: If you don't like it here leave or take a stand against big issues. I realize we have lots of problems but we have a lot of really good things too. We are a blessed nation. I love living here. What I get uber pissed about is all of the illegal immigrants acting like they have rights- protesting when they try to make laws to control illegal immigration. If you want to live here follow the laws and become a citizen.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 11:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Absolutely agree with your statement! Though I may be interested in my ancestry I am an American above all else! We are flawed, not doubt but where else are as free to openly discuss those flaws, even address the government about our concerns, without fear? If it is so awful why do people still long to come here and be legal, active citizens? Perfect..no, but we are free!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Are we Free? We used to be but look at all the laws and rules and regulations placed on us. On how we live, how we drive, where we go, etc......

I dont think we are as free as we could be.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would venture to guess it all depends on who is saying it. Some people have never been out of the country or have only been out of the country for a short period of time and have never had to live by another country's laws and regulations. It's easy to say that our country isn't so great when you have nothing or very little to compare it to. And then there are some that don't appreciate the freedoms we have and think that other countries have better laws, and while I might see it as their citizens are being legislated into a corner, other people think that the government knows better than the citizens and should make the decisions for everyone about practically everything. Either way, it's all a matter of opinion and point of view.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• you seriously want no rules or regulations on how we drive?

quinn mae, I see the opposite, people who've never been anywhere else who think this is the only place with any freedom.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I agree I think there are a few people here who should just leave if they don't like it here. They should also not except help from a country they despise.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010