Potty Training

I need some ideas on how to get my daughter excited to go potty by herself. She understands that she will be getting a baby brother soon and I think that she is trying to stay a baby because of the attention being put more on the baby than her. she is 2.5 yrs old. She doesnt seem interested in it.

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try rewarding her with stickers, stamps on her hand, M&M's or lollipops. Sometimes that helps. Even letting her pick out her rewards may be an incentive for her. We did the sticker thing with my DD when she was potty training and that helped a lot. But with her not being interested it may mean that she isn't ready yet.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• it took me a week and my son was just not having it... so i made him jelouse of a stuffed teddy bear
    I acted like th teddy bear went potty and clapped and acted all excited and gave it a high five.... my son got sooo jelouse he grabbed the teddy bear threw it and lifted the seat up and proceded to do his thing lol
    So i did the "little party" for him and thats all it took from that point on he went on his own and when he was done came to me for a High Five

i dont believe in the "treats" of candy and toys because they start to expect it and my friends daughter got mad when she tried to stop it and refused to go again plus its a stage in life that has to be done and just being a big boy or girl should be exciting enough for them
    Bekah S.

Answer by Bekah S. at 12:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Mini m&m's work wonders :) my son loved them so much he wanted to go sit on the potty all the time. It only took about a week, week & a half maybe before he started doing it because he knew he had to an not just for the candies.
    nickolyn

Answer by nickolyn at 1:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010