Am I in early Labor???

I don't know if i'm in early labor or not... for over 5 hours my stomach tightens up like a rock and then it stops... it doesn't hurt. I feel exhausted. My back has been hurting for weeks now, my hips ache, when I walk there is a ton of pressure in my lower pelvic area...

over a week ago my Dr said i was dilated to 1cm...

I wish i knew what was going on w my body but I don't even know how to describe it...

My belly feels tight and achy...

Niltiak

Asked by Niltiak at 10:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call anyway, but I have a feeling it's false labor. Being dialated means nothing. I was at 5cm for almost 2 months. If the contractions aren't really painful and they are just squeezing it's probably a practice run. Believe me, when it's real, YOU KNOW!!! If you can't talk through them, it's time to call a doctor. Other than that I'd just relax at home, because if you go in, they may just send you home and tell you to walk around. I used to be up for 5 hours with regular squeezing contractions. I would be more thinned out, but not in labor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with Musicmom80...when they are real contractions you will KNOW!!!! When I went into labor and though my contractions were bad the nurse laughed at me and aid you are still laughing and talking.....when you can't do either of those things during a contractions, then you will know real pain!! And they were 100% right!!!! Call your doctor just to be safe but I would try and hang out at home as long as you can because once you get there they just strat poking and messing with you and hooking you up to monitors!! I hated all that!!! Good luck with labor and delivery!!!!!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 11:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• oh yeah and i'm 38 weeks now
    Niltiak

Comment by Niltiak (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You might be in labor. Have you called your OB?
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would be going into the ER if I were you. Contractions early on may not hurt that badly but could very well be early labor
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No have not called yet cause it doesn't hurt... I figured i wouldn't call till it started hurting
    Niltiak

Comment by Niltiak (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yea maybe if its been going on so long and at 38 weeks I started w bad cramps but everyones diff try timing them now and see if it get s more regular and call and ask if yoour able this late even maybe l and d at the hospital can tell u what to do
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• With my daughter my stomach tighten and it didn't hurt but I could feel the pressure and the contractions were close but with my son I had painful back labor. Have you been drinking plenty of fluid today? Also try taking a warm shower/bath to see if it stops. If it doesn't then you just may be in labor. How close are the contractions?
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I did not have any labor pains with my oldest dd. I was just going to pee every 10 minutes and could not get comfortable. I was up and down an had a lower back ache but not unbearable pain I too felt my stomach tighten and low pelvic pressure. I went in to the hospital which was about 5 minutes away. when I got to the ER they sent m straight up stairs and took an emergaency pack because they thought i might deliver before i got up the 3 floors. I did make it and into delivery room but had her before they got me off the gurney on to the bed. I would at least call my doctor. sounds like you may be in early labor.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• its hard to time the contractions cause i don't always know when I'm getting them... I just know its been going on since 3 this after noon and its now 10... yeah i feel pressure... some cramping... I know how to time them its just hard cause i don't know when they start and when they stop... ha ha ha I wish someone could just tell me ha ha ha
    Niltiak

Comment by Niltiak (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010