What is Alice in wonderland about?

DesignerWhore

Asked by DesignerWhore at 10:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• You know, I have never really put any thought into this....but now that you asked....my wheels are turning big time! I can't really come up with an answer at the moment....but maybe someone else will :)
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's kind of like The Wizard of Oz on acid
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've always thought of it as a girl on some kind of acid trip.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Lewis Carrol on an acid trip. But hello, johnny depp!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• There has always been a debate about it. A lot of people think it is about a girl on acid. Other people think it is a totally innocent story. Lewis Carrol never actually explained it. I personally think it is about a girl on drugs!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Acid or bad politics.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• shrooms, or maybe pcp. I love that movie despite that though.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think Lewis Carroll was on drugs when he wrote it, but I tend to believe that it's about a girl with an overactive imagination who withdraws into her own world as her way of dealing with things. She may even be delusional to the point of believing these people/places to be real, but they're all her own elaborate defense mechanism against a world she doesn't understand. That's my take.

My oldest daughter's name is Alice. :) :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• This is just a short definition from Wikipedia, but you get the idea: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is an 1865 novel written by English author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll.[1] It tells the story of a girl named Alice who falls down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world (the Wonderland of the title) populated by peculiar and anthropomorphic creatures. The tale plays with logic in ways that have given the story lasting popularity with adults as well as children.[2] It is considered to be one of the best examples of the literary nonsense genre,[2][3] and its narrative course and structure have been enormously influential,[3] especially in the fantasy genre.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have always thought is was about the world viewed from a small child. Children have such imaginations that at times they are wildly weird and funny and sooo off the wall. Children also use their imaginations when dealing with some heavy stuff in life.

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 3:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010