Am I alone in

being mad at my dh and dd. I work 8 hours a day and come home and get hit with the question whats fordinner. my dd does go to school all day but dh only works part time. He used to be great about cooking and picking up the house when he is home now he just wants to sit and watch tv all day.

nanny29

Asked by nanny29 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be if it was me and if it was everyday...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No your not alone!! My DH has been out of work for two weeks now... starts a new job tomorrow, thank goodness, but he would sleep late, play guitar, play on his computer, and do nothing all day but complain the kitchen was a mess, or I didn't play with my DS enough during the day... blah blah blah! I work from home and I am so glad he is going back to work LOL
    eden37

Answer by eden37 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Mine works three days a week and I work and go to school and I am trying to build an anime production house. Now I just clean it for me and make it better for me. if you see it that way it sometimes helps when you have to do it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yeah... mine does that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No way... he needs to get off his butt and help you out!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Could you jsut make him a quick dinner, and say this is on the menu, other than that, I'm out of energy just now, maybe if you call me from home and give me time to plan, I could make something, otherwise, I am working, and beat down.
    Wonder why he isn't working, and is he using the time to help you, of course, if he is getting work again he could be working and you both are outta luck for food, (menu) best bet is to eat bagged lunches, pizza or Chinese on the run.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• How old is your Daughter?

If you work all day/ Full time and he only works part time then he should be assuming more responsibility. If you both work part time then you should split days that you do dinner. Expecting you to work all day and then come home and do everything is definately UNFAIR.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes I get very mad when mu DH does this...there's a reason we're called "partners."
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 11:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I work full time and dd is 17. He used to cook more than I did but maybe he is burnt out of cooking I do not know.
    nanny29

Comment by nanny29 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was in the same situation, but i did something to and the whole situation changed, i was working full time, my dh was working part time and from home, my sis was staying with us and she was working too. my sis would always come home an hour before me and take anap. i would come home and both she and mu dh will ask ME whats for dinner!! this used to make me wanna scream, one day i came home , went straight to the kitchen and made me a piece of salmon and i cup of rice, sat on the table and had my dinner, they both looked at me and aksed is that all u made? i told them yes and from now onwards i will be making my own dinner coz am tired of cooking for you two, i kept on doing that for three days and the fourth day i came home to a cooked dinner by my hubby, next day my sister cooked and i cooked the following day, we have been doing this ever since and it workes perfect for me. please try it, am sure it will work for u too, GL
    ashley387

Answer by ashley387 at 2:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2010