Flies?!

My family and I are having a terrible time with flies in our home! It's almost as bad as the Amityville Horror! (lol). It's so embarrassing! I try to keep all items I think are attracting them and they just won't go away! I keep the diaper pail sealed, trash cleared out! How can I get rid of them? (I'm so embarrassed I'm posting anon)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I clean my counter tops, trash cans, sinks, toilets, even linoleum and hardwood floors with vinegar. Flies HATE the smell and taste of vinegar. This should keep them at bay. Also, instead of using harmful spray chemicals or disgusting fly swaps to kill them, just spray them with vinegar water. If YOU don't like the smell of vinegar or vinegar water, try using Apple vinegar or lemons in the vinegar. Vinegar REALLY works and it cleans terrifically. It's great for the environment, inexpensive and isn't harmful to the kids like chemicals are.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• P.S. Spraying vinegar in door ways or cleaning doors with it keeps them out of the house....use it with windows too. Vinegar water cleans glass well.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• OMG my house is the same way! I looked everywhere to see if something was rotting in my house and found nothing! It was so gross and creepy!!!! They went away for a few days and then came back again. Now it's getting cold so I haven't seen one in a while. I am glad you posted this. Good luck!
    luckystar8131

Answer by luckystar8131 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• LOL i have the same stinkin problem and that movie is the first thing i thought of .HMMM are your trash cans near your door or a window?That is what i thought was my problem ,we had them by a basement window that was broke and i am sure they fell in there while they were .....YUCK !!!maggots ....ewww sorry i got the creepy crawlies,but i dont understand how else cause some of them were baby flies .Good luck with the swarm i totally feel your buggy pain

nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Thank you all for your great answers! I've been going crazy with the vinegar this morning! Thanks for the help!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2008