WHY ME

MY BOYFRIEND HAS TO HAVE SURGERY TOMORROW. WE GOT INTO A HEATED DEBATE ABOUT MARRIAGE AGAIN! WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE BEFORE MY DAUGHTER ( SHE'S 10 NOW) WE WERE TOGETHER 5 YEARS BEFORE SHE WAS BORN. NOW HE'S SO MAD FROM EARLIER TODAY THAT HE DOESN'T WANT ME TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. PART OF ME IS UPSET BUT THE OTHER PART OF ME JUST DOESN'T CARE. EVER SINCE HE GOT HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A BAT, HE HAS BEEN ON THIS MARRIAGE KICK. I'M NOT SAYING I DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED. BUT HE KEEPS TRYING TO BLAME ME FOR HIM NOT BEING MARRIED. THROUGHOUT THE YEARS HE HAS MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE DOESN'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER ABOUT GETTING MARRIED. SO NOW I'M OR WE'RE NOT SPEAKING AND I AM OVERJOYED. I COULD SURE USE THE PEACE AND QUIET.

roxannschild

Asked by roxannschild at 11:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Okay you need to resolve this before his surgery because you know if something happens you will never forgive yourself. You need to be there for him during the surgery.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am very confused. He wants to get married now, cause he's had some injury, but didn't want to before this accident? And now you don't want to get married and he does? hmmm if I am understanding this right, then I don't blame you. If he has just now decided that he wants to get married, it probably has a great deal to do with this event, and he is feeling insecure or something. Not good terms to be getting married on...Good luck to you. And you should try to be there for him at his surgery, cause I wouldn't want you to regret anything. =) Hope you guys work it out and end up happy!
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 11:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Marry him and make him happy. If you don't mind being marrie that is. He has had a chg of heart and wants. A wife.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If he got hit in the head with a baseball bat, maybe he's scared and just talking out of his head. There's probably a part of him that's afraid about the surgery deal. Maybe he wishes it is something he should have done, and is afraid something will happen to him during surgery. Don't let him think you are upset with him when he goes in the OR. Be reasonable, tell him you'll think about it for a little while that way he will have a reason to get well.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Do what makes you happy
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Maybe he's realized that life could be very short and he wants to marry you before the end. Sometimes when people have near death experiences they open their eyes and realize things they never thought or knew before.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2010