How can I advertise my business?

anony-mous

Asked by anony-mous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Actually I just finished up my new website: The Ad on the Wall.   You can advertise for as long as you want for just $5.00 per site.  It's a great new idea!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• First answer - there is a special place on clubmom to advertise, so don't do it here LOL.

Would be good to know the type of business to know where to advertise - can support charity events and get your name out, flyers on people's doors, signage, twitter, LinkedIn, lots of cheap options.

Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Networking is huge. In my area there is a Group that meets different locations to meet / greet and exchange possible contacts, leads to other networking opportunities. Look to see if your city or county has an active Chamber of Commerce Business Network. Also, belief it or not Facebook, newspaper ad but be timely...i.e. Christmas is coming so include that in the Ad if you are selling a product. Do home sale promotions - get a friend to have you over invite others. And the old door to door Business cold calling never hurts. best of Luck .... courageous to start own business good for you.
    AvonMom247

Answer by AvonMom247 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well first it's important to determine who your target market is so you can narrow down when and what to do. But there are a number of things you can do from free ads and a car magnet with a domain name website to putting business cards in goody bags for halloween, you just need to be creative and think about doing things other people aren't as likely to do so you stand out from the crowd.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 9:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• tons of ways..email me and ill send you the list of things i give my team to help them
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Set up a Merchant Circle page, a Facebook page and a Twitter page. Set up a LinkedIn profile, join groups and network. Write a blog if you can. The ways you advertise beyond that will be determined by your business. You can do cold calling or visiting businesses. You should have business cards, brochures and other marketing materials. You might want to try direct mail.

Feel free to join my business group here on CM. We have an entire forum dedicated to marketing and advertising techniques.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010