Ugh, my son has been corrupted! How can I nip this in the butt?

I moved to a town where kids go to middle school starting in th 3rd grade. My 8yr & 10yr old sons has learn many thing already this year like the middle finger, and to oogle at the bra ads in the JC Penneys flyer. Didnt do these thing before! HELP!

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• If thats your only problem, you're living the good life. Just be grateful they arent doing drugs and having sex like some 10 year olds these days. If it really really bothers you, talk to them and tell them its not nice to flip someone off. But they are boys, is looking at a barely naked girl really gonna hurt them? no!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sounds to me like it is time for some communication between you and the kids. You need to teach them NOW that women are not "things" they are people and you will treat them with respect.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Wow...that is early. (for middle school, not neccesarily their behavior) I think they are just at that age. Make sure you set boundaries and consequences for things such as the middle finger. As far as the bra ads...they are boys. They will be fascinated by boobs as long as they live. Why? because they dont have them. That doesnt make them corrupted, just human. I would gear up, puberty is not far away and will bring with itself days where you WISH it was just bra ads from JC Penneys.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Is it too late to move back? I do not want my kids in middle school at third grade. That bites. GL
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You can't keep your kids from growing up. I think you still have plenty to be thankful for, at least they aren't talking about sex or using foul language. Then I would definitely step in.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 3rd grade is early, but boys looking at bra ads is completely 100% normal. Its parta growing up to be curious. But ya 3rd grade is a tad early for that.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• um, tha cant be middle school, then you are saing that they graduate in the 6th grade? Doesnt mke sence!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010