i have a toothpaste problem

If I use one for more than a week, it makes my mouth all raw and sore. Which makes me not brush for a day or more and that makes me feel nasty but if i continue, it gets worse and i can't even eat anything with spice or anything that's hard cause it hurts. Is there any toothpaste that doesn't do that?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• YOu may have an allergy to whats in them see if they make a hypoallergenic toothpaste. Or go to the dentist.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• try sencedine it works, if not go to ur dentist or maybe the mint flavor might be causing problem try kids toothpaste it is not as harsh compared to regular goodluck
    chipNskip

Answer by chipNskip at 11:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sensodyne does that to me. Have you tried chilrens toothpaste?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Or you can get old fashioned. Use peroxide and baking soda...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Some toothpastes do that to me. I like the crest cinnamon one. sometimes it is too strong too, so I put the paste on and then dip it in baking soda and it cuts the sting of it. I had to do that everytime when I was pregnant the last time. I just kept a box in the medicine cabinet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Some toothpastes have a certain ingredient that cause raw spots in your mouth. Sometimes to there are medical conditions that cause your mouth to be sore. Like a vitamin B12 deficiency. But don't treat without consent from your doctor. Are you anemic? In the meantime, my father always used baking soda and salt combination to brush his teeth. See if this helps.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love Melaleuca's tooth polish - no saccharine - uses xylitol (natural sweetener) and melaleuca oil - very good for helping to keep teeth healthy and white, and to guard against mouth infections.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2010