Anybody have a ferret? My kids wanton soooo bad.

I had a couple when younger, but not sure if my kiddos are up for the responsibility. Can we foster one?

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pets

• lol thats not a good childs pet i know we got one for our kids n if u dont maintain it like every day they start smelling n for some reason the one we had didnt like our boys it would try to bite them.. a guiene pig is much better n easier to take care of n they love to b played with n cuddle
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My sister had a couple. They stink bad. She now swears by Guinea Pigs. She said that they are the easiest pet she has ever had. And she's had a lot of different pets (including a Sugar Glider she saved from a bad situation).
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• they don't make good pets at all in my opinion they smell very bad and cause sickness
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My bro and his wife had a couple. Oh man, they REEK! Yuck!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• We did, we didn't have it for long, it stunk and ratteled it's cage ALL NIGHT long. We had him a couple months and that was long enough. We will NEVER own another one ever again.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:39 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I worked for a lady that had 2 in her shop (it was a dog grooming business), and they smelled awful!! Not to mention they were horrible little thieves. I was constantly having to take things away from them that they snagged from my purse, even if I zipped it. I started having to leave it in the car! lol. They were cute but I kinda hated them :) I think they aren't a very good first pet for children, especially if you are already wondering if they will be responsible enough to take care of one. My suggestion is start small and see how they do as far as the responsibility thing goes and go from there. Explain to your children that they have to prove that they can be good "ferret parents" before they can have one.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I've had 2 ferrets.... If you keep their cage clean, give them baths and teach them to use a litter box, they don't stink... one thing about having a ferret though is that you have to play with them ALOT!! If you don't play with them alot or let them out to play, they will eventually become mean... We let ours roam the bathroom, and they are michevious...we always had to make sure the TP was out of their reach
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• actually a rat is a great pet for kids. they are smart and trainable.
    juneinnovember

Answer by juneinnovember at 8:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• THey are stinky. We had 2 for a while. Just too smelly.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• nope
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2010