Disabilities and Depression

How many of you suffer from with depression or disabilities or both. I have both. When i was 3, i was hit by a grain truck and should have not made it alive, But i did with alot of problems. I have learning Disabilities and sever depression. I take one day at a time with both issues. I can do alot, it just takes me time to express myself and fully understand what people are saying at times. So then the depression sets in. I manage to go on day to day. How about you/ How does this affect your daily living?

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 11:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• I have bi-polar and PTSD, I am also in a wheelchair part time because of two broken knees. I take medication for all off it, but would have to say my faith gets me through each day.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 5:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am on antidepressants which help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I suffer from PTSD and severe depression (the depression is usually only during and after pregnancy). I know it's hard, but don't be afraid to get help if you need it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am starting to have a lot of health problems and my depression is getting bad again too. I also have anxiety with Post-traumic Stress Disorder. I suffered some really bad injuries from a car accident 11 years ago that should have killed me too, but didn't.  I have always dealt with depression, becaus of things that happened thoughtout my life, but I use to have a coping mechinism. Don't being able to the things that I once did is really hard for me to deal with. I am trying not to get on disabilities, but it think it maybe time to do so. Good luck and just keep taking one day at a time. M~

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks for the concern. I have been treated since i was a child for one thing or another. I am handling it real good. my DH is a great supporter.
    Airforce3mom

Comment by Airforce3mom (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure on the extent of your disabilities, so I can't say much. I have a few problems myself and I am currently taking an antidepressant. The only way I'm truly have major troubles with is my hearing: anywhere from moderate to severe in both ears.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010