What is your most unique home decor idea?

For you, not your kids! I'm looking for ideas. My daughter's rooms are all set, now it's time to focus on me!! PS. I'm on a budget.

babywhatnow

Asked by babywhatnow at 11:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a nice dish filled with sand from Israel. You could use sand from any special place you want.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Does my Husband count? I mean, he just kinda sits there..............
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• a tall clear jars(old spagetti jars worked for me) filled with candles and glass rocks print out pics u like and arange pics u like of calming places u might want to visit in picture frames. try freecycle on yahoo people give things away for free that they don't need anymore. revive things go to hgtv.com for creative ideas will won't cost u much recycle n be green n cheap good luck
    chipNskip

Answer by chipNskip at 12:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I am a big fan of decorating with sentimental things and doing it cheap. Shop sales and be creative. :) Buy a canvas and let your girls go to town with colors of your choice. (I did this with my 2 year old son and black/grey paint. The result is a beautiful artpiece and the most talked about thing in our home. People are shocked when I tell them he did it.)
    Buy a bouquet of a variety of flowers, press and dry them and arrange them on scrapbook paper. Put each peice in one of those multi-photo frames that are a little edgy. (The ones that are layered...not the old photo collage ones.)...I did this with my wedding bouquet. So special and beautiful.
    Never underestimate blankets and throw pillows (Ross always has the best deals.)

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love just using candid photos of the family, or places you have been. You can get large prints of nice photos done for pretty cheap on the Kodak machines, and you can get interesting photo frames from thrift stores too.

I love Thomas Kinkade, so I really watch on Amazon and buy his things when they go on sale.

Another cute idea I have seen is the wall quotes, where people paint quotes on their walls, or buy the wall stickers.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Oh also...when I was really on a budget, I found a calendar of wildflowers on sale for a dollar, and picture frames on sale at Target for 1.50 each. I cut out 3 of my favorites/framed them/ and hung them up in my dining room. :)
    wall sconces are a great deal at Ross too. Actually...just go there and you will be inspired. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I just framed some postcards that I found! Really inexpensive and many of them are nice pictures! Also my sister framed some silk flowers, gerbera daisies to be exact, looks great and you can see the dimensions for some added depth.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2010