did he do wrong?

when we stopped at the gas station last night, my 13 yr old step-son just had had to have a stupid little gas station toy, it was a little plastic bow and arrow set, my son and I stayed in the truck, so my fiance said that SS had to get one for my son(3 yrs old) too, well apparently he did, but he never gave it to my son, he hid it up in his room,. He played with his and took my son's out of the package and played with that, but never gave my son his....then left to stay the night with a friend. so today when he got home from his friends, my fiance just asked where it was, ss went and got it, he wouldn't tell us where he had hidden it, and jumped right back onto his WOW game.... I think ss needs to be punished for this behavior..... what do you think?

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 12:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• YES- i definitely think that your SS needs some type of punishment- Maybe, he shouldn't get to play his WOW for a few days- That was a really Mean & Defiant thing that he did to your Son- You & your Fiance need to nip this in the bud now before it starts to be something he does alot- It sounds like he is having some Jealousy going on- i think you need to talk to him about what's going on with him but, it is still not a Excuse for being mean to his brother! I know how hard it is to Blend a Family; i raised both of my SS's- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Totally. He wanted it as a gift. You don't ask for a gift and then keep it for yourself. And you and your Fiance need to explain this to him or he will continue to use you son as a way to get extra crap for himself
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• wow he is 13 not 8 or 9 he should already know better than that hes a teenager now he realy needs to b talked wit about that hes not a baby anymore to b doing stuff like that at that age he knows good from wrong well good luck most step children dont listen
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• does your 3yr old even know that he got it in the first place? it doesn't sound like he even asked for it in the car...i wouldn't punish him persay, i'd just have a sit down with him and talk to him about his actions.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He needs to be told what he did wasn't right. Take his and give it to your son.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• He shouldn't have taken his toy. He's being selfish and he needs to know that he just can't go around taking other people's stuff if it doesn't belong to you. If it was me, I wouldn't have let him play his WOW game until he gave it back to your son. I just can't believe that your fiance didn't make him give it back. But he should have been punished when it happened, if you punish him now, he probably won't understand why.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• take away his games and computer
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ss did give the toy back when he was asked. And that is all fiance thought should have been done. and after I said "no, this is not right" fiance did make him get off the computer, and ss went to his room and then that made fiance feel bad..... fiance said "your son got his toy back, what more do you want?" I told it to him like this: if he steals a car but gives it back after a night of joyriding, is it ok? I just wish fiance would be willing to have his son learn from mistakes.
    TXColter

Comment by TXColter (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sounds like his behavior was inappropriate but punishing him now will serve no purpose. You would be better off talking to him and letting him know that you were upset he kept your 3 year olds toy. Maybe try to find out why he kept it.

Sounds to me like a bow and arrow set for a 3 year old is pretty dangerous. Maybe he thought so too and was protecting your son.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010