How can i get my 2 yr old daughter to stop biting?

jmp84

Asked by jmp84 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• bite her back..to let her know it hurts...did it once with my oldest son he never bit another person. til a boy at school was mean to him but that's the only other time
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i tried that it didn't work.
    jmp84

Comment by jmp84 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ok well here is what i learned to do. show her the bite mark and then get to her level and tell her that its a no no and that it hurts then sit her in time out for two minutes after it is over tell her no more biteing or your sitting down agian, try that for a couple weeks and let me know i have a few other ideas as well.
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 12:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my daughter bit me, and she would bite everything that mad her mad so one day when she bit her brother i grabbed a sippy with milk and a bottle of hotsauce.. she ran away came back to bit her brother i put a very small drop of hotsuace on his arm( vry small) just enough to make a point, and when she bit him she stopped looked at me and said hot! i gave her milk and sat down to explain when u bit it hurts u and brother she hasn't bit anyone else yet and that was a year ago..
    Bekah S.

Answer by Bekah S. at 12:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• idk my son bites all the time hes 21months, does it when hes mad or just for fun , we yell at him spank him on his butt not hard but to let him no he did something wrong, nothing has helped yet.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have tried the time out and and showing her that thats not nice it just doesnt work for her. she only does when my niece comes to the house and she is only mean to her. i have 5 kids here during the weeek 2 girls 3 boys and she seems to be the meanest with the girl and the other girl doesnt do anything to her she bites her almosy everyday she's here.it gets frustrating cause i have a son too that when it just the 2 of them she doesnt get in trouble.dont understand why it only when she is here.
    jmp84

Comment by jmp84 (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• when my son would bite i bite him back and explained that it hurt and i did not like it he stopped for about a week when he did it again i sat him down showed it to him and explained again that it made me sad cuz it hurt alot and i kinda pretended to cry to show him how bad it is to bite ppl and he said i sorry momma and he hasnt bittenme or my any1 else in 2 months.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 6:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2010