jogging

I guess I'm really out of shape cause my calfs and knees hurt when I run,so I was wondering for someone whos been out of shape and run before, is it normal to feel slight discomfort for awhile and will it start to go away? I would like to jog and run without hurting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You will feel some muscle aches. Just keep with it. Stay hydrated, which means to drink before running as well as during. Also, make sure you have plenty of potassium to cut down on the cramping. Good luck
    elle31106

Answer by elle31106 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Make sure you stretch before and after, and also, are you wearing the right shoes? Sometimes the wrong shoes can cause knee pain.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Stretching does help, but age also matters. I have been a runner/jogger for years and there are times that my shins, calves, knees, feet still hurt (I'm experiencing it now).

Jane Fonda might have right, "No pain, no gain".

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sharp pain when you run is not good. Slow down or do a walk/run ratio. Aches and paines after a run or the next day are normal as your body becomes stronger and more used to running they should diminish. Some runs are harder then others and I still have aches and pains now and again (feet hurt right now) but not nearly as much as when you first begin.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 7:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010