If you were dying would you help your husband pick out a new wife to help finish raising your children?

OK, I get it, a little morbid, but I am currently facing a cancer challenge that killed my mom within 2 years. My kids are 11 and 12. They will need a mother, my Hubs is good for about 3 days without help b ut after that he is totally lost. He would feed them fast food for every meal, new reds would be washed with whites,and he gets confused when it concerns a household bill just to name a few of my concerns.
So I brought this up to him tonight and he pshawd me but I really think this is something we need to openly discuss. What is your thoughts?? Would you do this or what??

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 12:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I've thought about this before. I wouldn't do it. I would for sure tell him how important it is to me that my child (only one year old) grow up with a mama who loves him. And I might tell him what to look for. But I would spend more time talking to my mom about it. I totally trust her judgement, and I know my husband would listen to her.

Hang in there mama, This is not a fun question to have to answer for youself, I know!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I honestly believe that dad would find a way. He might wash some pinks and reds with whites, but he would learn from it. He would feed them fast food only till they all got sick of it, and then he would learn how to cook. You dont need a replacement mommy cause no one could take your place, ever. If something happened to you, your family would find a way to move on, but they wouldnt need a new mommy to do it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• btw im so sorry to hear that you have cancer... i hope the best for you and your family
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly I wouldn't, we have enough family that, lord forbid anything happen to me, would step in and help out.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I can understand your concern, my husband would be lost too, but how can you choose a new wife for him? I would probably write everything down for my husband and write letters to by kids. Best of luck to you, hope everything turns out ok.
    3lilmonsters411

Answer by 3lilmonsters411 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my husband is deployed and after finding out we were expecting he started to freak out. he isnt in the best of areas and told me that if he was to die that he wants me to find a man that could take care of me and our baby. i couldnt believe what he said to me!!!! i got so upset and cried. i dont plan on ever being with anyone else. my family and his family would be a great help if i ever need it... im sure your family and his family will help him out if your scared. also my father raised my brother and i without my moms help (her choice not to be in our lives). my dad was a wonderful father. i was only in second grade.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• if my kids where smaller i would but they are older 30 to 17 years i have talked to my hubby about this he said he would never get married again i know if was the other way around yes i would marry again
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no like onemellowmom sd i also have enough fam that too would help out.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sure. If he wanted my input I would be happy to give it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:04 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Absolutely not. How horrible would that be to be planning for your "replacement"?
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010