those that have daughters

does your parents tell u things like she act just like u when u were that age?
she look just like u when u were little?
i cant wait til she grows up so u can see what we went thru with u?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• HAHAHAHAHA yessss!!!!!!!! and she really is a mini-me!! drives me craaaaaazy!! LOL shes 6 yrs old, but still...i remember when i was 15-16 my mom would always say "i hope when you have kids they treat you the same way you treat me" (i wasnt a very good teenager) and then i would yell back "so do i, cuz then i'll know how raise them properly" LOL oh maaaaan!!! its crazy, cuz im starting to see more and more of her in me..lol..i think im gonna be in for a good ride when she hits her teens!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• lol..i know i am reaping what i sowed with my dad..i was a rough tomboy..who got into everything..my youngest daughter is the same way...i dreading those teen yrs myslef
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes all the time they did that with my youngest daughter and she looks just like me but prettier i think
    momof3853

Answer by momof3853 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yaa its crazy..i mean i got spanked as a child..and i used to HATE it, i remember thinking all i wished was that my mom would talk to me, instead of spanking..and i used to hate her yelling at me..and with my daughter, i have spanked her a few times, and obviously i have yelled..LOL..but i just see how she is afterwards, and its EXACLTY how i used to be..so i promised her i wouldnt spank anymore..and things have gotten so much better (its been about 8 months spank free..lol) and then with doing her homework, if she doesnt understand something, she breaks down into tears, just like i did...who am i kidding, i still do..LOL..but it makes me stop and think back to what i would have wanted my mom or dad to..and thats what i do...and so far it works!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i have the same problem myself..i cry when i get frustrated an so do my oldest daughter...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Um yes and yes I do the same thing to my daughter. It's a parent's right ya know. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Not really. With my oldest my dad keeps saying, "you were never that bad." She has major behavior issues. She's 10 and acts like she is 2 half the time throwing full out tantrums like a spoiled toddler.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i have that same problem also
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My fav is when they say, you should do this... it always worked for you... in my head I'm thinking shut up. lol And my DD is almost 2, we are still in the learning and finding and exploring stage! hahaha
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• ya, and she's right in some ways, not all.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010