ugh one thing that i hate when school starts

is that my little one starts getting sick right away,im guessing he has a weak immune system , it hasnt been a month n already i sent him to bed w/a fever, i gve him pain reliver n fever reducer n took him a bath but same thing happened last year , it hadnt been a month when he started w/that.my poor baby hope he gets well soon, hate having him sick

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Poor thing. Try some immune boosting supplements and vitamins. Watch his sugar and dairy intake and make sure he is getting plenty of water and rest.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• is waking up in the morning and fighting the kids to wake up and get ready they never want to....
    momof3853

Answer by momof3853 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Last year was the first time my son attended school from the first day until Thanksgiving break. I think they just have to develop immunities.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My kids have great immune systems (they are hardly ever sick and only ever get colds, nothing more serious) and they still always get a cold the first weeks of school.
    My 2nd grader got it first half way through the 2nd week of school. Then on Friday my 4yo (who isn't in school) started to get sick. My 3rd grader came home that day with the same symptoms and tonight my 5th grader started complaining of a sore throat. The 2nd grader is almost better. She hasn't asked for any medicine since Saturday morning. The 4yo has lost her voice now. They should be better in a few days and probably won't be sick again until after Christmas some time (if at all). They usually get 2 colds each school year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Awh I am so sorry. Try more Vitamin C foods to help boost his immune system!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My DS13 threw up at school last week, and my DD11 now has a sore throat and stuffy head. They've been in school two weeks! It always happens. I remind the kids to wash their hands frequently, and make sure they take a multi-vitamin. By Halloween, they seem to be done with the "back to school sicknesses" and then we're good until school gets out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i agree, try some imminue boosing foods and probiotics.
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010