Do you think that Cafemom should have a category for being parents to your parents?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Oh YES! What a great idea! So many of my friends are in that situation (as am I... sort of) and it is so tough! We could all use a place to vent, get advice, or even just a pep talk. I hope this happens! Thanks!
    VonMom208

Answer by VonMom208 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It could be a good thing. When my father had open heart surgery my DH and I bought a house with a mother-in-law's apartment and moved my parents in. Now my mother is also having medical problems, so I run both around to DRs in betweeen caring for my 2 boys. When Hurricane Katrina was due to hit, we live in the suburbs of New Orleans, my father decided he didn't want to leave and this made for all kinds of trouble... I had to laugh though when DH told dad ,"You live under my roof, so it's my rules.Now get itn the car!" Thank goodness he listened because we were evacuated for almost 5 months. Taking care of your parents is sometimes worst than raising kids.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thats a good idea, probly not too many of those, tho.

That even a "mom" thing? Or just a general thing. Seems most of our topics aren't really just about moms as much as just a place for us gals to interact about whatever. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Eldercare is a growing concern and will continue to grow as our baby boomer parents get older. I think that's a great idea!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010