Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What to do about an angry step kid that wants you dead?

my curent boyfriend of 3 years now is looking after or has assumed resposibility for his ex's grand child. The biological mother is no were in the picture. Nor is the biological father. So my boyfriend decided to claim this kid as his own because of the absence of the childs biological parent. The kid goes back and forth from the grandmother to my curent boyfriend. Me and my boyfriend live together now. So the boy gets dropped off at our home when he wants to see my boyfriend. Well lately I have been really busy and going through many things myself. Which has nothing to do w/ the kid. I am not able to constantly sit with this 11 yr old boy all day. My boyfriend works all day. I am left with this child all day to look after. Mind you this child isn't attending any school and isn't being home schooled either. He has made a few friends over here so he go's and plays with them.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

Answers (1)
  • I think that this child needs some stability and structure in his life. Your bf and the grandma need to step up and decide who is going to take responsibility and raise the child. They are not doing him any favors by having him bounce back and forth between households. Also at 11 years of age he is supposed to be in school or in a home school program. If your bf works then he needs to find alternate care (babysitter, daycare) for the child he cannot just assume that you will watch him... the child is not your responsibility. I also think this child could benefit from therapy.

    Answer by MizLee at 9:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.