organizational skills do you have them?

i need tips ideas on how you keep things organized around your house please???

Proverbs3127

Asked by Proverbs3127 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Simple answer, no I do not have any. If you get good suggestions here let me know please!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 2:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• haha thanks : )
    Proverbs3127

Comment by Proverbs3127 (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My house is such a mess, but I do have lots of ideas and I am slowly getting things together. What areas are a problem for you? Do you have too much stuff? (I totally have too much stuff.) I have a really good book that I need to re-read - it helps you understand how clutter affects your life. It's called "move your stuff, change your life" by Karen Rauch Carter. It is about feng shui, but even if you don't want to follow those principles there is so much good info there. It is encouraging instead of depressing to read it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have always kept things up so they never get to bad to where I am so overwhelmed. I don't keep things out and I make sure I put things away when I am done using them. If I don't get to them right away I make sure it is done within a few days and no more than a week give or take. I also get rid of things and give away to someone or to charity I/we don't need anymore or use. I also have a place for everything my cabinets and closets are fairly organized and if it starts to get a little clutter I make sure I go thru things about every 6 months to a year and get it back to organized to be able to find things. Our garage also has cabinets with plastic bins that keep things organized and together. I definitely don't have a model home and my cabinets aren't perfect but I do know where everything is when we need it.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• sometimes. depends on the situation
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 6:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• For every bag of stuff you bring in, an equal amount should be taken out. Every item should have an assigned spot, and at night every item must be placed back in its spot. You can not save every little thing- you have to make choices or your home will become a hoarders haven.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010