Yard Sale what are your tips and tricks?

having one soon need good ideas on how to make the most of my time and money!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you advertise in the news paper make sure to put NO EARLY BIRDS or you will end up with people knocking on your door at 5AM.
    Make plenty of signs that make it easy to find your house, if they can't find it easily they'll just move on to the next sale.
    Price things so they will sell, don't ask too much you want this stuff gone and be ready to drop the price if someone asks with in reason.
    Keep thing simple don't price books etc. individually just put all paperbacks .50 all kids books .25 etc. If you keep to .5 ,.25, .50 and so on making change will be easy.
    Make sure you have plenty of change $1, .25,and .5 and have a safe place to keep your money, an apron with big pockets works well. Put any large bills directly into your house.. Hope this helps...Good Luck and have fun!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• make sure it is not all cramped and try to keep sizes together that way they can find what they want like baby clothes together, adult clothes etc.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I love to Yard Sale and I have them as well.

The best things that you can do is price to sell. If I see things that are overpriced, I just go to the next yard sale. It may seem like you are giving things away sometimes but if you price them to sell, you will sell more and make more money than if you price them higher. Separate things by sizes and put them out where people can easily go through them. I will look through things that are on a table or hanging up rather than things that are laying on a blanket on the ground.

Make sure that you advertise/advertise/advertise and that you have plenty of change to give to your customers.

Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010