potty training and bottle breaking?

So for over the last year i have tried but she will not drink milk out of anything else. i think cause she sees her brother with one that she has to have one.and she also will not go on the potty she'll sit there for a while but as soon as we put a diaper back on she goes in that and she tells me when she starts to go poopy but doesnt when she pees. can someone help me with any of this!

jmp84

Asked by jmp84 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is she?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• dont know what to say..i never had that problem
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 2
    jmp84

Comment by jmp84 (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had an easy time with the bottle switch but I have read some women cut the hole in the nipples bigger. As for the potty issue, Are you doing a reward system after she does go in the potty? I got a piece of paper in the bathroom at her level and I got some cheep dollar store pack with like 400 or so stickers and I give her lots of praise each and every time she goes. I hand her the sticker and let her put it on her paper. If she makes a mistake I put her on the potty and after a minute I get her off and explain that she didn't go potty so she doesn't get a sticker. She doesn't usually have accidents except when she is busy playing and I'm dealing with her baby sister. Good luck
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 2:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• thanks i can try that.
    jmp84

Comment by jmp84 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Take the bottle away. Get them out of the house. She will get thirsty enough and drink out of a cup. Prolonged bottle use leads to tooth decay and crooked teeth.
    As for potty-training, my doctor told me that a general rule to use is "If the toddler can count to ten he is probably ready to be trained."
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• she counts 6-10
    jmp84

Comment by jmp84 (original poster) at 2:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• well sometimes they are just not READY quite yet for completing potty training. maybe get some pretty frilly BIG GIRL undies that she wont want to soil. as for the bottle. you are the mom . take it away and get it over with ya know?
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• she has big girl panties and i have tried to take the bottle away and she screams and i live in apatrments so i cant really let her do that cause neighbors will complain to the land lords. so it makes it harder to do.
    jmp84

Comment by jmp84 (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Well, if your neighbors have a problem for a couple days while she learns that she is to big for a bottle than boo-hoo. We pick where we live and you get the good, the bad, and the babys in apartments! Try a quick ween... no morning or day bottles but let her keep the night one until she is used to not having it the rest of the day and than stop the night one. Punish her bad behavior and praise the good, she will catch on easily. But make it quick, a week or 2 max. because the dental bills can be so much worse than a few nosey neighbors.

Hold off on the potty training untill after the bottle issue so she doesn't feel pressured. She may already feel left out too so spend some extra mommy and me time with her, take her shopping with out her brother, let her have that 2nd piece of candy... the little things that will make her smile for a week even though you only spoiled her that little extra once.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010