Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What to do when an angry step child wants you dead?

Continued.....Well I havn't been cruel to this child. I am not perfect I do tell him what not to do some times. But I've noticed that when I started dating my current boyfriend this kid would get really jealous because I would show my boyfriend some affection. But back then I did what I could to make sure he was comfortable w/ me and I did a lot of things for him and with him. And he would call me his best buddy. Now that I don't have a car and cannot buy him things constantly and go out as often, things have gotten really tuff in my life. But I found a pic he drew of a hand that said mommy good dad good and I was labled bad. I also found a pic that had animation of him shooting and killing me so he could spend more time w/ my boyfriend. This pic said good job son I've been wanting her dead. Now we can spend more time toghr. I am very disturbed by this. should this kid go for counseling or what? it's all really sick to me.

Answer Question

Asked by April2357 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Um yeah that's very disturbing. I would get him into counseling IMMEDIATELY.

    Answer by MommyKKay at 2:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • And if you are not in control of that, you need to insist to your boyfriend that something be done. It's normal for him to feel like you are taking his dad away but it's not normal to fantasize about killing you.

    Answer by MommyKKay at 2:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • yes my god daughter was drawing these pics all the time but we paid it no mind..well she end up conteplating these things..we had to institutionalize her..she was diagnosed with paranoia schizophrenia..i would def seek counsel...

    Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Counseling and school! He needs socialization and I would find a physh. first and start off with home schooling and a church youth group or a sports team... but not martial arts... for your safety.

    Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Yikes. If bf won't take him to counselling, leave bf. This will only get worse and I do not know that if ppl who have those kinds of thought ever get 'better.'

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • You need to show the drawing to the child's father ASAP (if he has not seen it yet). He has to be made aware that his child NEEDS help and this is a SERIOUS matter... it is not anything to be 'blown off' or taken lightly. I strongly urge the 2 of you to have the child evaluated by a therapist and start a therapy/counseling program. If the child is drawing things like this now, without treatment/herapy I fear that it could escalate and the child could start to act on these feelings. If the father will NOT seek help for the child then you may have to consider ending the relationship for your own safety.

    Answer by MizLee at 9:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • that is disturbing. my mom so grandson lives with them. he was threatening my mom and i even heard him , he went as far as messing with her meds because his grandma works in the pharmacy she told him which one to mess with. mind you this kid already is a mess and can be manitupulated. he is in counseling now. but they watch his every move


    Answer by sherryb1273 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.