How common is it to have morning sickness into your second trimester?

I am into my 2nd trimester and still so sick. I don't know if I should worry or not. Is this typical?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had no sickness until late in my 3rd trimester. I woudn't worry, we are all so different. Mention it to your doc anyway because you don't need the stress of wondering if you are normal or not :) Let the doc tell you everything is ok, and then you can move on and worry about something else. Lol. Good luck!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Don't worry at all. There is nothing that says that morning sickness has to stop anytime during pregnancy. It sucks but is normal. Hang in there and it will at least end when you have your little one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I threw up every day during my first pregnancy. My doctor told me it was actually a sign that my hormones are where they are supposed to be (whatever that means).
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:16 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• perfectly normal u can have some crackers n seven up would b the only thing to help me good luck
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i had all day sickness from 6 weeks until 36 weeks!! most people ghated their last month..i loooooved mine!! LOL my 'morning' sickness was me being dizzy all the time tho..like if i was walking around i was somewhat fine..but standing in one place for more than 5 minutes i felt sooooo dizzy!! uuuuuugh....but it gets better :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It is very normal. I had it into the beginning of my 2nd and now I am in my 3rd trimester and have it. My doctor said it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy but it sure doesn't feel like it. This is my 3rd and all of my pregnancies I was sick throughout.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I was sick up until 7 months. Try ginger or ginger pills. It usually settles the stomach.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 2:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm almost 21wks and I still get morning sickness but not as much.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had it my entire first pregnancy. This time I had a break from 28-37 weeks, then it came back and kicked my butt all over again. They say most women feel better in their second trimester, but it's not uncommon for some of us to suffer the whole time. If it gets too bad and no natural remedies seem to help you can ask your ob about meds that help you function.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes its actually normal we are all different so out symptoms will vary i had morning sickness throughout my whole pregnancy and it wasn't just in the morning it was anytime of the day.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 6:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010