How to handle a picky eater???

My daughter eats EVERYTHING and i really mean that she's only not eaten one type of drinkable yogurt but my brother is the pickiest little monkey lol. he'll eat fries, fruit, cheese, peanutbutter but he refuses meat sometimes fish, and a bunch of other things. i just don't know i am the one that cooks at home and we always make my brother a separate meal because he's so picky and my dad tries to feed him what we're eating but when my brother refuses to eat it my dad takes it away and just doesn't let him eat so we are sitting in a room while my dad tries to isolate my brother because he doesn't like what my dad wants him to eat and it just bothers me we've tried putting my brother's food on my daughter's tray to see if he would eat it we've tried eating it in front of him to see if he would eat it and it just doesn't work does anyone have any ideas on what i could feed him? i hate when he doesn't eat..

avasmommie711

Asked by avasmommie711 at 2:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• if he only eating soft foods then i would check for sensory issues..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• realize its a faze, and while he is in it, just make sure that whatever he will eat is of the best possible quality.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 4:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My daughter will do that sometimes when she just wants to eat what she wants and not what we have made. Usually we make her a plate and if she gets hungry she will eat it. Maybe ask him why he doesnt want o eat meat could be a reason behind it, sometimes my daughter doesnt want meat because she says it sticks in her teeth so we got her some dental floss and she loves it <3
    stormy01

Answer by stormy01 at 4:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I maybe a phase. My son hates meat, he's 2. I've told the Dr and he said some kids have texture issues and they grow out of it, as long as he is getting protein other places, not to worry.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• kids wont starve... i would stop the second meal idea and give him what everyone else is eating and leave it at that...
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would offer him a variety of things on a plate. Offering them a number of times makes the likelihood of him finally trying it higher.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i have a 21 that was a very picky eater when she was young just let them eat what they like the best she lived off of hotdogs ham and bolngea what seem liked for ever
    foustjennifer

Answer by foustjennifer at 5:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• he knows he doesn't have to eat it because your dad will just make him what he wants.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Stop making a separate meal for him. Fix one meal. Tell him he can eat or not. What he doesn't eat, save for the next meal even if it means supper becomes breakfast. He will not starve himself. When he's hungry enough he will eat.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010