Why did Obama tell his supporters to go out and argue with your neighbors, etc. and get in their faces?

Does anyone think this type of behavior creates hate and discord among people? Why on Earth would Obama make such a remark in the first place?...I have witnessed this very same thing going on in here on cafemom and I don't believe it is the right attitude to have?...any comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If I were for Obama which I am NOT, I would change my vote based on that behavior.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 1:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• when was this?
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• link please
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Obama did that? How did you hear about it? Or did he encourage "debate" among people, so that we can all help each other to make our own personal "right" choice? I would be very suprised if he said anyone should "get in (nieghbors') faces.." Wow! Can you give us a link?
    Anonymous

• waiting..
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Okay, I'll do your work for you..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMDur9CDZ4
    He said to go out and talk to your friends, your niegbors, get the truth out..he was advising us to be pro-active, not to start a rumble in the streets..
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• As an Obama supporter who has worked on his campaign (in Indiana, no less). I was never told to do any such thing. Nor would I.
    Anonymous

• every candidate asks their supporters to knock on doors and campaign for them.
    i was never told to get in anyone's face or to force my opinion on them.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Another distortion of Obama's words...another positive that McCain supporters are trying to turn negative...doesn't surprise me
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 1:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You can find the video on youtube if you would like or google it whatever....Obama made the following statement to his supporters at one of his "Change we need" rallies in September:
    "I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors, I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face." Yeah...that's Change we all need right?
    Anonymous