1:45AM my 10-month-old just woke up for the 3rd time wanting to eat...

No matter what I do there is no way to comfort her or put her back to sleep without nursing her..."Cry it out" is not an option since she freaks out within 5 minutes if I don't pick her up.
Help????

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 2:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Who told you that babies sleep?!? They lied. LOL. I don't have much other advice for you though, as both my kids did this.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• this is exactly why I cosleep.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Does your baby stay asleep though? My 2yo sleeps with me (night terrors) that's why she is usually in the crib (right next to me) but if it would keep her asleep I would put her on my other side!
    MommyKKay

Comment by MommyKKay (original poster) at 3:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• She sleeps in her crib until sometime between midnight and 2am, at which point I bring her into bed with me and she sleeps the rest of the night, mostly latched on to me though.

No need to ween, or up her solid foods before age 1. You can try offering to nurse more frequently throughout the day, but most likely she is going through a growth spurt or maybe just wants to be near you. Hang in there!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If you have to nurse her back to sleep she may actually be hungry. Is she eating cereal and baby foods? Maybe dinner needs to bulk up on those, they are heavier and fill the tummy longer so the baby sleeps better.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:05 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My little girl did the same thing. We started giving her more during the day and she started sleeping all night again. Our ped said she more than likely wasn't being satisfied by what she was getting during the day and that alot of times at certain ages they will have periods where they need to eat more. Growth spurts and so on and such! lol.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I feel like she is eating a lot of baby food during the day: cereal and fruit in the morning, vegetables in the afternoon and meat at dinner....and she still nurses every few hours. She weighs 24 pounds!!!!
    I will try every one of these suggestions though thank you ladies!
    MommyKKay

Comment by MommyKKay (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How long has it been going on? It sounds like a growth spurt. I would say keep feeding her, obviously if she's hungry. But it should pass in a few days - a week.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Been happening since she was born!
    MommyKKay

Comment by MommyKKay (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Have you started supplementing her diet with cereals and jar foods? You may want to up the intake of those during the day to help counter this problem. Also she may not be getting enough milk from you. If its just a comfort issue though try transitioning to the bottle to ween her. that wayshe starts to self-soothe even though she has the milk comfort if not the mommy comfort.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2010