How can I deal with a CRAZY ex wife?

My SO has a crazy ex wife who plans on making my life a living hell.... Does anyone out there have any advice on how to deal with this type of situation?

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 2:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• why do you have to have ANY contact with her. and how do you know she has this planned and istn just saying it the way some people do just to make drama?
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:54 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i've discovered that when men tell their new girls that their ex is CRAZY its because he did some really bad stuff to her and they don't want the new girl to believe the ex when she tries to warn her off lol
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 2:57 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• She was harrassing me to the point where I had to change my phone number... she's just got the personality to create drama... and I'm the polar opposite... I know that when I move there she'll try and make mine and my SO's life a living hell... My SO never told me she was crazy... I've flat out experienced it lol.
    RigPrincess85

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 3:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just ignore her, she's trying to get attention. If she keeps calling you call the police and report harassing communications. She wants drama...don't give her what she wants
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• here's only one instance, may not be your situation... my dad was doing some crazy manipulative stuff to my mom behind the scenes. telling her crazy things about his new gf and really getting into details that should have been left alone. the whole time he was telling her he loved her and wanted only her, but he couldn't get rid of this new "crazy" girl. so my mom went nuts on her. acted totally crazy to out crazy the other crazy. she's relatively a sane person lol, she was just reacting to what he was doing to her. the gf had no idea about any of it except my mom going nuts on her "for no reason." my dad ended up making the new gf his 2nd "crazy" wife and later divorced her after getting her hooked on prescription pills and various other things... btw he's back with my mom now

LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 3:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• State it simply to her. Her communication, contact and all other interference in your life is not going to be tolerated. She has no business in your life, and certainly none in your marriage. IF she does not refrain from contacting you, your husband, either of your work places or your family members you will report her harassment to the authorities. Make sure your friends are aware of who she is and know to ignore her. Otherwise the best you can do is keep record of all contact. Keep a diary of contact. Forward any text messages to an email address and save the messages. Fork out the money and keep a voice recorder in your purse at all times in teh event that she approaches you. Then if she escalates the situation you have proof to validate your charges of harassment and staking and can seek legal action. Always keep calm, don't raise to her taunts and know you have options. Been there. Hope this helps.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• sorry, that harassment and *STALKING! staking... yikes!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Ignore her
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• take legal action - don't let her back you into a corner - treat her like you would any other unwanted person who is harrassing you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just ignore her an be nice. eventually she won't have a reason to do anything to you anymore.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 13, 2010