soo... a bit more of a serious question here...

does anyone know of some good ways to help someone you love who has a temper? Like ways to calm etc...

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• anger management. i did 2 6 weeks sessions. i had a pretty bad temper. they taught me about counting , opening your fists and not clenching them, opening your arms outwards rather thna across your body, and to BREATHE slowly and deeply. all things that help diffuse anger
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• One thing is not to stand face to face with them. kind of turn your body's right side to turn back. I know this works because I had a man mad at me. He was right up in my face. I turned my right side back, like opening a gate so that his space was opened up and he stopped yelling and acting defensive. Also, when you are both in a loving mood, ask him if there are ways that you can help him. Set up boundries. For example: when my husband is upset and he knows he may say something he's going to regret, he goes for a walk to have a cooling off period. You can also ask the Lord to fill him up with God's peace. Does he feel threatened? Is he defensive because he thinks you're not understanding him or trying to tell him what to do? Finding out what triggers the anger is half the battle. The other half is how to stop it b4 it gets started. Is he bi-polar? Oh, does he know he has a issue? Does he want help? Ask God 4 wisdom...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Anger management. Find out the trigger(s) for the anger and try to stay away from them. Don't feed their anger. Good luck!

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Does this person have a stress outlet? Running or biking, any type of excersize. Also, a light and healthy snack with in a half hour of a good 20/ 30 minute work out helps your metabolism so they can be healthier and happier! Good luck.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:40 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• YOU cannot help him. he must help himself. he must recognize that he has a problem. that said... a counselor you go to yourself can give you tools for learning to deflate rather than escalate these situations - how to not engage, how to hold your boundaries rather than walking on eggshells, etc.. this can be very helpful, but ultimately he has to solve the anger problem.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:06 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Anger management classes. Also I diffuse angry customer by my words sometimes. Saying things like "I can see how that would upset you." Or "I would be upset about that too if I was you." It typically works.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Do not antagonize them or engage them when they are HOT. When you know someone is reaching their bursting point, give them some space to calm down. Someone that has anger issues is not going to be able to calm themselves if the other person is nagging them, yelling or picking to death.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2010