Cranky 4 1/2 month old

My son is 4 1/2 months old and he's driving me crazy. He was being so good for a while but now he's just cranky non stop. What's up with him?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol, we can't tell you what is wrong with him, but i can say what MIGHT be wrong with him...

He might be starting to teethe

He might be going through a growth spurt

Has he been sleeping at abnormal times? He might be changing his sleep schedule (with Kaylee her bedtime sleeping stayed the same, but the naps during the day changed a little)

Good Luck Momma :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have to agree with CB- there are SO many things that might be wrong. I know that Elliot can get really fussy before a growth spurt. Typically all he wants to do is have mommy hold him while he is sleeping. And God Help you if he doesn't get enough sleep or enough to eat. He just needs all that to take the growth leap.

Good Luck
    tooqtcute

Answer by tooqtcute at 1:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Could be sick too. Ear infections can creep up on you! Usually if my dd gets really cranky it's b/c she's hungry or got another ear infection.
    Anonymous

• To add to the other responses:
    Have you started solids early? If so, then stop.
    It could be formula if you're FFing..
    It could be something you're eating if your BFing..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Like the others said, there could be a million different reasons but I found that around that age my son was really cranky too. I couldn't figure it out and still haven't.. it passed thankfully about a month later. I thought it was teething but he still hasn't cut a tooth yet. Good luck and stay patient
    detroit.mommy

Answer by detroit.mommy at 1:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2008